Further Reading & Links
During the creation of this site I've used these books, both non-fiction and fiction, and websites as valuable information resources. You might also find them interesting to read and learn more about Angels.
There are links to amazon.com for all the books & I've also included the ISBN numbers so you can find the books at your local Library or Christian Book Store.
Non-Fiction / Reference
- The Bible
- http://www.youversion.com/ - a great and easy to use online Bible
- This is the place to start, the source of what God has told man about Angels!
Throughout this site I've used the New International Version (NIV) translation of the Bible, as it is a common & widely used version of the Bible.
For my own 'daily Bible' I use a pocket New Living Translation, which is a modern and very accurate translation. My version is also a 'red letter Bible' which means that everything that Jesus said is in red!
- Angels: God's Secret Agents by Billy Graham
- ISBN-13: 978-0849942143
- First published in 1975 this book, by one of the greatest Christian writers, is a still a 'must read' about Angels.
- Angels Among Us by Ron Rhodes
- ISBN-13: 978-0736907019
- A wonderful little book that is very easy to read and doesn't use lots of 'Christianese'. It covers pretty much everything to do with Angels and uses lots of quotes from the Bible to help explain things. If you only read one book listed on this page, read this one!
- Angels: The Strange and Mysterious Truth by Dr David Jeremiah
- ISBN-13: 978-1590527023
- A really good all round book on the subject of Angels.
- Angels by John Woolmer
- ISBN-13: 978-0825460081
- Another good all round book on the subject of angels. It also has many stories of angelic rescues and encounters.
- Unholy Spirits: Occultism and New Age Humanism by Gary North
- ISBN-13: 978-0930462536
- A book on angels, new age and occult practises and what they are really all about!
- A Summary of what Angels are all about according to the Bible by James Cooper (me!)
- Download from whyangels?com (pdf 85kb and free!)
- A brief two page summary of this site!
- This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti
- ISBN-13: 978-1581345285
- A classic of Christian horror! The story of a typical small town... only you can see the spritual, as well as the physical, battles taking place. This book is a great read and a real page turner. When I first read it, it really opened my eyes to the 'spiritual battles' that must be going on all around us. But be warned, you might not want to read it last thing at night!
- Piercing the Darkness by Frank E. Peretti
- ISBN-13: 978-1581345278
- A sequel to 'This Present Darkness' (only with different characters!). It continues the theme of the first book and is just as page turning.
- The Space/Cosmic Trilogy by C.S. Lewis
- Out of the Silent Planet (Book 1)
- ISBN-13: 978-0743234900
- Perelandra (Book 2)
- ISBN-13: 978-0743234917
- That Hideous Strength (Book 3)
- ISBN-13: 978-0743234924
- Three wonderful books that tell the story of Dr Ransom and his adventures in Mars, Venus and Earth.
The first book 'Out of the Silent Planet' (also sometimes called: Malacandra), tells of Dr Ransom's kidnapping and being taken to Mars. Here he begins to learn about the Celestial beings that live in our solar system.
Perelanda is a battle between good and evil to stop the corruption of the eden of Venus.
That Hideous Strength is a big book (larger than the other two books in the trilogy put together!) and a great one. Could the end of the world be coming and what does a small university town have to do with it?
- ADAM by Ted Dekker
- ISBN-13: 978-1595540072
- A gripping (and rather chilling) story of a serial killer and what's pulling his strings (and don't read it just before you go to bed!).
- Angels: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- A good article on the basics of angels by Sue Bohlin. There are some links to good questions on angels on the bottom of the page.
- Email questions and answers from probe.org
- Some great questions and answers on angels from Sue Bohlin, the author of the above article.
- Close Encounters of the Celestial Kind
- An article about the 'angel craze' by Ron Rhodes, author of 'Angels Among Us' listed above.
- Angelmania: Close Encounters of the Celestial Kind
- An article about the new age 'angelmania' by Clete Hux.
- I Believe in Angels
- Another good site about angels from a biblical point of view. The site also features stories of present day angelic encounters and has a sister site at: www.whereangelswalk.com/
- Angels on Eternal Perspective Ministries
- Many excellent articles on things angelic and heavenly - well worth a read!
- Angels on the Catholic Encyclopedia
- Quite a long description of angels!
- A great site if your wondering what God, Jesus and being a Christian is all about.
- Find out all about Christmas and get your Christmas questions answered! From the maker of whyangels?com, the site tells you about Christmas Customs, Christmas Cultures and the Christmas Story - including the angels!
- Find out all about Easter and get your Easter questions answered! From the maker of whyangels?com, the site tells you about Easter Customs, Easter Cultures and the Easter Story - including the angels!